TESTWilliam Warehime generously donated the Warehime-Myers Mansion, its contents and the grounds to the Hanover Area Historical Society along with an endowment for the conservation of the properties. Mr. Warehime grew up across the street from the Myers Mansion and had long admired the neo-classical structure. The mansion remained in the Myers family until 1997 when Mr. Warehime purchased it from Molly Powl Myers, a granddaughter, who lived in Montana. When the property was purchased most of the Myers' furniture had been removed, but Mr. Warehime was able to secure several select pieces of furniture at auction. Mr. Warehime chose to purchase the property unfurnished. These pieces of furniture, along with his superb collection, are part of Warehime's gift. Both the Myers and Sheppards' residences were designed by Herman Miller, an architect from Philadelphia. The Myers Mansion was built over a period of three years, beginning in 1911, as the residence of Clinton N. Myers of Hanover Shoe Company. The mansion already included the solarium with its marble floors, but the Myers' plans included enclosing the porches at the rear of the house before completing the rest of the mansion. Mr. Warehime added the beveled leaded glass and art glass to these porches. He also added the fountain, gazebo and lions to the grounds. The bowling alley in the basement is still intact, as are the intricately Greek Key design border in the oak floors throughout the mansion. Very little in the structure has changed over the years and it is in excellent condition. The Society is delighted to be the recipient of Mr. Warehime's generosity and community-mindedness in seeing that this important piece of Hanover history will be preserved.
Tours of the Warehime-Myers Mansion (first and second floor rooms only) are given 10:00 AM - 3:15 PM on Wednesdays and 12:00 - 3:15 PM Saturdays (or by appointment). No photographs, large bags, pens or markers are permitted.
Tour fees are as follows: